Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Enter suffix wrong for last name

Flyer_Ty
Explorer C

Last night I booked a ticket for my nephew.

I didn't see the option I needed in the suffix drop-down box.

He's a 'fourth' so I just put IV one space after his last name.  Later someone pointed out I could have scrolled down the suffix box to properly find IV.

I called SW and the rep said he couldn't change it.  Now I'm not sure what to do.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Enter suffix wrong for last name

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can cancel any ticket up to 24 hours after it was purchased and get a refund. That's what I'd do and then book it with the corect name.

Flyer_Ty
Explorer C

Will they refund the $30 for EB too?

Thanks!

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect so, but I have to admit I am not certain.

dfwskier
Aviator A

When requesting the refund be sure to specify the that you want a refund (to your orignal form of payment)  as opposed to retaining the amount for future travel. Amounts reserved for future travel have to be used by the original (in this case wrong) ticket holder.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Just leave it alone, he won't have any trouble with it. And canceling will lead to forfeiting the $30 for EBCI. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

bec102896
Aviator A

As @TheMiddleSeat said I would leave it alone and there should be no problem but don't cancel as you would lose the EB check in 

back last year I made a mistake in my name and customer relations was able to fix it but come to find out it didn't need changing when I asked the TSA agent he told me it would have been fine as I forgot my middle name on my ticket 

if the name not looking right bothers you I would call customer relations at 855-234-4654 and I'm sure they can fix that for you since it's not like your Changing your name from bob to sally or something like that 

hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

The suffix field is a convenience, entering it on the regular line will still match for TSA purposes.

Note: not if you have PreCheck and need to match exactly, that's different

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.