Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error 500999999 Mobile App Login Trouble

fryer1033
Explorer C

I am having login issues with the Southwest App and on the mobile site (I can login to the desktop version). 

I am running iPhone 11, iOS 13.2.3. 

i have tried updating, reinstalling app, changing password, etc. still same result. Any insights on this?

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Error 500999999 Mobile App Login Trouble

SWDigits
Aviator A
You may want to contact Southwest directly, feedback I've read is that Twitter responses are usually very timely. Click "Contact Us" for the Twitter handle and other contact options.

Customer | Home airport DCA

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for the frustration, @fryer1033. Our Mobile Team has confirmed this is a known issue currently being worked on. At the latest, they anticipate a fix by January, and we apologize for the inconvenience!

Nicole
Community Manager

frugalvic
Explorer C

A family member and I are both having this problem. The real problem is we can't always sign in to computers when it's time to checkin, I'm used to using my phone. The mobile website also won't work, it has to be a desktop. A Southwest phone agent suggested that we should pay for Early Bird checkin if we can't get to a computer to checkin at the 24 hour mark. This is not a solution and very costly for a family. It would be appreciated is Southwest would waive early bird fees for those reservations that aren't working in the app or on the mobile site.

angitn63
Explorer C

@fryer1033 If you open a browser and click the 3 little lines to the left of the Southwest logo at the top it will pull up a menu. Scroll to the bottom and there is an option to go Visit Southwest.com. You then have to sign in again. It wastes lots of time but it does work. 

angitn63
Explorer C

January What the hey! That's is really, REALLY unacceptable. Guess who I'm not flying on till after January. It's a 3 step process to try and sign in and get to a web browser in a mobile device. Big issue when checking in at 24 hours. 

Dtiger77
Explorer C

Glad to know it's not just me, but is a known issue being worked on.  As far as "by January" goes.. there needs to be a "dis-love" option to select 🙂  I'm sure the holidays aren't busy times for the airlines, so I doubt many people will miss the mobile app.  Hah.

Seriously, thanks for the info, though.

bwinograd
Explorer B

So what is the solution from the tech department?  I have an iPhone 11 (recently upgraded) and neither the app nor the website (via Safari) will work.  I keep getting a "cannot connect" message.  However, I have no problem using my laptop.  

frugalvic
Explorer C

On Twitter, they were able to give me my confirmation number but you still can't see your flight or even know if your reservation has been cancelled or has a problem. You still have to go to a desktop computer.

atp_aviator
Explorer C

I have the same issue.

Very frustrating, can't get boarding pass on SW app.

.Using  iOS 13.1.3  and latest version of SW app.

Tried everything, will try updating to iOS 13.2.3.