Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error code 400620347 (changing reservation)

annieontheroad
Explorer C

Hello - I am another Southwest traveler inquiring about the error code 400620347. I am trying to change my flight without having to call the 800 line as the wait time can be long (although everyone I've spoken with has been super friendly and helpful). The error code pops up on both the laptop (Macbook Air running chrome) and the mobile app (on iPhone XR). Is there a way around calling in and spending upwards of 40 plus minutes on hold? I would so rather spend that time playing with my toddler or enjoying the moments with my dad in ICU.

I did see another post about trying the chat from the app, which I will do when there are agents available to chat.

Thank you for having such an accommodating change policy!

SWerrorcode.pngSWerrorcodeapp.PNG

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Error code 400620347 (changing reservation)

jksobonya
Aviator A

I can't see the exact error, but I had a similiar experience changing a reservation. I received a message and could not make the change. I messaged Southwest on Twitter explaining the situation and they changed my reservation for me in under 5 minutes. They literally did this 3 different times as the price kept going down, lol, I kept apologizing and they were so nice about it! Good luck.

--Jessica

SWDigits
Aviator A

+1 for either the chat option within the app or Twitter.

Customer | Home airport DCA

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thanks @annieontheroad for bringing this one to our awareness. I've reported the error to our digital Teams, and they're having a look. This appears to be a back end issue involving our reseverations system. We apologize for any frustration!

Nicole
Community Manager

annieontheroad
Explorer C

Thanks to all that responded. The chat rep indicated their technical side shows I've made too many changes to my reservation so I had to get a reissue ticket. But when I called in (they couldn't take payment over the phone for the fare change difference), I didn't get any new ticket. The error message is still appearing on the app too. Hopefully it'll be gone before the time my flight approaches!

jksobonya
Aviator A

@annieontheroad wrote:

Thanks to all that responded. The chat rep indicated their technical side shows I've made too many changes to my reservation so I had to get a reissue ticket. 

Too many changes!!! That's amazing, who knew there was a limit 😉 I wonder how many is too many ...

--Jessica

annieontheroad
Explorer C

@jksobonya - as a note, I was making my 4th change when the error message started occuring....so maybe there's a 3 count limit?

jksobonya
Aviator A

@annieontheroad Maybe!! I just checked the flight I had trouble with and after I made the intital reservation, I made 4 subsequent changes. I was able to do the first change myself, but the other 3 I couldn't do on my own. It was a flight booked with points, so I don't know if that factored into it. The error message I was receiving was "Expected pricing not matched" with a long error code, and I couldn't complete/save the changed reservation. SWA was able to do it for me. 

--Jessica

searsdp04
Explorer C

It is doing it again with my reservation. I don’t want to have to wait on the phone 2 hours just to change it. I’m trying to move my departure date from 3/30 to 3/24 or 3/25.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@searsdp04 wrote:

It is doing it again with my reservation. I don’t want to have to wait on the phone 2 hours just to change it. I’m trying to move my departure date from 3/30 to 3/24 or 3/25.

You could try reaching out to southwest on Twitter or Facebook and they might be able to help. You could also try the in app chat feature. 

-Blake