Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired 2020 voucher !

lmcamp1974
Explorer C

Disappointed !

We had flights booked for Thanksgiving 2020 and sadly due to Covid we had to cancel as I am sure most of the country. I tried to use my travel credit and I was told I have to use before the booking date, Sept not the travel date. They will not allow us to travel in October ( 3 weeks out) and offer not help so we lose all the credit. Maybe the worse help during this past year out there !

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Expired 2020 voucher !

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@lmcamp1974 wrote:

Disappointed !

We had flights booked for Thanksgiving 2020 and sadly due to Covid we had to cancel as I am sure most of the country. I tried to use my travel credit and I was told I have to use before the booking date, Sept not the travel date. They will not allow us to travel in October ( 3 weeks out) and offer not help so we lose all the credit. Maybe the worse help during this past year out there !

Unfortunately, that's correct. In order to receive an extension, travel funds had to be created (flight cancelled) March 1 - September 6, 2020, and policy has always been that all travel must be taken prior to expiration -- usually one year from the date of purchase.

Surely, since you booked well into the pandemic (September of 2020) you were aware of the possibility of flight disruptions?

There's no need for you to lose your credit -- you have approx. 5 months in which you can still use it.

Re: Expired 2020 voucher !

dfwskier
Aviator A

Why not simply move your trip up by 3-4 weeks?