Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired credit

Nitalinzie
Explorer C

I have an credit that expires by July 2021. I had to cancel my 2020 to Hawaii do to covid. My next trip want be until Aug 2021. How do I get an extension to use my flight credit in August 2021. I’m not looking for money back I’m looking to use my credits at a later date thats it. I canceled my flight in Dec 2020. But the credits is not being said to use by the date I canceled but by July can anyone help me with my situation PLEASE! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Expired credit

bec102896
Aviator A

Once your funds expire you can Contact Customer Relations and ask for an extension of the travel funds in the form of a LUV voucher. This voucher would be good for 6 months however there is a $100 fee per travel fund. This fee is subject to change and being issued the voucher is on a case by case basis. 

Keep in mind you can only request this once your funds expire so this would mean you would be booking much closer to your travel date. 

-Blake

mestiene
Explorer C

I called customer service and they did not offer me any extension or a travel voucher.  She very politely told me I was *%&# out of luck.  Very frustrating!!!

bec102896
Aviator A

You would have to request the voucher from customer relations which is different than customer service and you would have to request after the funds expire. 

-Blake