Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired flight credits?

denji
Explorer C

Hey everyone,

I canceled a flight back in late 2021 and have unused flight credits. I’ve got two six-digit confirmation numbers and passenger names, but it’s not locating the funds on the travel funds lookup page. I realize these are expired, but my intention is to pay the $100.00 to transfer them to an LUV voucher if possible. I thought expired credits still showed in the funds lookup page. Am I wrong on this or should I be checking elsewhere? Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Expired flight credits?

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've never heard of expired credits showing on Southwest.com. If you want to extend those expired credits, you would need to contact Southwest.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Expired travel funds did not show up in your account or via the lookup form.  The old process of converting expired travel funds to vouchers may no longer be available now that travel credits no longer expire, but you can certainly ask.  Keep in mind thought, you only had 6 months after expiration to request the conversion of expired travel funds to voucher so unless your travel funds expired after June 16 you're out of luck on that option even if it is still available.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I've had LUV vouchers renewed and extended before.  No biggie.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I've had LUV vouchers renewed and extended before.  No biggie.

So have I, what's your point? As long as the option is still available and the funds expired within the last 6 months it should be an easy process. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

The two dates that matter in this case are July, 28, 2022 (the date credits no longer expire) and the date you bought your ticket (or the date any travel funds used to buy the ticket would have expired).

Comprehending the above, if your ticket related travel funds expired before July, 28, 2022, then the old policy was in place and you had six months from expiration to convert the funds to vouchers.