Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired travel funds 2021

Explorer B

I called yesterday about travel funds expiring from this COVID nightmare travel year. Southwest said No extension! No voucher!

Remember I’m a good customer $10,000 budget to fly each year, 75 flights last year during COVID .

my lost of $900 in funds will be SW lost!

I book flights on United and other airlines using Expedia getting better pricing and flight times it’s been the best loss that could ever happen.

I don’t change my flights and I don’t even carry bags on the plane. It works ….

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Expired travel funds 2021

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Not understanding that if you fly that often, why you can't use your travel funds.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@PDFelter wrote:

Not understanding that if you fly that often, why you can't use your travel funds.  

It sure feels like I smell something rotten in  Denmark

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

161069484 wrote:

"...75 flights last year during COVID"

Since you are an experienced flyer, you must know what nonrefundable tickets are.  You got good pricing when you were doing this nonrefundable ticket purchasing.  You knew the risks of these inexpensive tickets, COVID or no COVID.

And why weren't you using those travel funds on these 75 flights in 2020??

I sympathize with a $900 loss, but this is all on you.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@tappingmom1 A lot of things don't add up over the many, many posts and rants s/he has. Leaving aside the $900 vs $90 vs $72 issues amongst the many posts, I like to do math. Assuming that s/he keeps doing around 75 flights a year, and we use $10k per year, we get to an estimate of $133/flight. While volume matters, that doesn't make someone one of their best customers.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm a low cost leader as well. I just don't do a bunch of DYKWIA and claim to be a great customer. I'm reliable, but I'm not high profit.