Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Expiring credits

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't know why you can't understand that your funds are just not eligible for extension until March, after they expire. Yes, there is a fee, sorry Southwest didn't read all of the fine print to you when an extension was first mentioned. You keep insisting Southwest lied to you, that I'm not providing any information, and you should be spoon fed information. I'm trying to spoon feed you steps you can take. First it was call and ask for an exception, which understandably Southwest did not provide. Next step is wait until your funds expire, then call again.

As far as my attitude is concerned, when someone rolls in here claiming that Southwest employees are incompetent, you were lied to, and policy exemptions should be made just for you because you didn't understand what to do then perhaps it sets the tone and I respond similarly. Perhaps I should have just said, "nothing else can be done", but you would probably claim that was also unhelpful. I don't know what could have been said that would have pleased you since there was no way to have done what you wanted done. 

I hope you can use your funds before they expire, but if you don't, now you know what options you have.

--TheMiddleSeat