Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Extending Expiration Date for Unused Travel Funds

asap59
Explorer C

We all have emergencies in which planned travel must be cancelled and can't be rebooked within the 1-year re-use timeframe. SWA has always offered to reinstate expired vouchers to their full value for a NOMINAL fee. Today we were told this is no longer their policy and were offered only 25% of the full value, which won't even cover an on sale one-way ticket.

What is happening SWA? Don't take away the great reasons why people choose to fly with you. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The fee to reissue expired funds as a voucher is curently $100 per ticket. We're you quoted otherwise?

Also, check your messages. 😉

asap59
Explorer C

Thank you for your comment.

I understand the reinstatement fee, however, to reduce the amount of the voucher by 75% is disappointing. SWA has been reinstating vouches for years, which I thought was to set them apart from other airlines and to maintain customer loyalty. $81 for a $250 ticket? Just disappointing. It should be a fee to reinstate the full value, as they’ve historically done. If they want to change this policy, fine, but let people with unused vouchers know so they can make a concious decision to use their vouchers or give them up. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, as the numbers you use make no sense. Please see my post in the other thread -- with more information and a clearer understanding of what you mean I may be able to help. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @asap59

I'm going to disable additonal comments on this thread since you've published the same post in multiple threads and it looks like your other one is getting better traction. 

Thank you,