Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Extending travel credit deadline, fee

murphysister04
Explorer C

I'm wondering if SW will consider waiving the $100 fee per customer for rebooking expiring credit, due to COVID 19 being responsible for our having to cancel two trips. The trips coming up would be expired in early April/May, so can't be rebooked for travel before expiration. One is to NYC for Easter weekend, but with all attractions & restaurants closing, plus our hotel possibly being closed and used for rehab/housing for college students, we aren't going; and the other is to New Orleans for JazzFest, which will probably be rescheduled for the fall. All we're asking is for an extension to use these expired funds for future SW trips, with the $100 fee for each of us waived (our daughter is a third NYC passenger). I don't expect them to fully refund, (though that would be nice), so as a gesture to those of us who know the rules and have followed them religiously for many years, it would be a good-will gesture to waive the $100 per person and add the 6 months to these flights we have to cancel now, and reschedule without having to pay the $100 each. Anything?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Extending travel credit deadline, fee

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest is aware that extending travel fund expiration would make lots of people, including myself, very happy. Stay tuned, this situation is changing rapidly and new policy could be announced as things change. 

--TheMiddleSeat