Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

FLYING FROM FLORIDA

DAZZDEB23
Explorer C

As of yesterday, 3 states have put a 14-day quarantine on travelers from FL to their states.  I wonder if there are other states also getting ready to do the same.  Specifically I am supposed to fly to Chicago on July 1, drive to Wisconsin for a family wedding, and then back to Chicago to fly home on July 6.
If a travel restriction goes in effect for IL or WI, I won’t even be in the state(s) for 14 days. 

How does this work?

1 REPLY 1

Re: FLYING FROM FLORIDA

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DAZZDEB23 wrote:

As of yesterday, 3 states have put a 14-day quarantine on travelers from FL to their states.  I wonder if there are other states also getting ready to do the same.  Specifically I am supposed to fly to Chicago on July 1, drive to Wisconsin for a family wedding, and then back to Chicago to fly home on July 6.
If a travel restriction goes in effect for IL or WI, I won’t even be in the state(s) for 14 days. 

How does this work?

States are implementing their own guidelines for travel into their state from other states with high positive test rates. Each state may enforce their rules differently, but in general they're requiring affected travelers quarantine themselves for 14 days upon arrival. Some states are stopping arriving travelers at the airport and collecting their information, and/or requiring confirmation of knowledge of the regulation, and promise to abide by it, in writing. Violators risk fines or other action. 

There's no indication that Illinois (or Wisconsin) are planning such a quarantine requirement, although this is obviously a constantly changing environment.

If you're unable to comply with the quarantine it's probably best to reconsider your travel. Or, accept the risk involved.

Check the Southwest COVID-19 Travel Information page for the latest info.