TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@lborges48 

Bye!! 👋

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Facemsk Bait and Switch Deceptive Practice

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

If a FA tells a passenger to put their mask back on and the passenger refuses then the passenger is violating the law that says you must comply with the flight crew’s directions. 

sycamorepro
Explorer B

I’m not sure the FA can force someone who has PTSD from abuse to wear a mask. Imagine a soldier who has been tortured in battle or a child who had to endure some type of abuse and in both cases, they were required to be muffled during their trauma. I’m not arguing but you run more of a chance of flying with someone who has been a trauma victim than you do of someone who may give you C19.  

lborges48
Explorer B

bye!!! Sheep.

sycamorepro
Explorer B

I certainly hear your frustration and wonder and how we approach the requirement with someone who has been a victim of abuse in the past and simply cannot wear a mask because of PTSD. Should they not be allowed the same right to choose air travel that others do? I’m not arguing your perspective, just asking from another.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Reasonable accommodations. If someone has a disability that makes them unable to fly in a safe manner, then, unfortunately, they can't fly.