Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

February 2020

rlaw
Explorer C

When does Southwest start scheduling for February 2020?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: February 2020

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

From https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2020. On July 10, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Limocowboy63
Explorer C

They waited till now to put it off until August 15th this is very inconvenient 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Limocowboy63 wrote:

They waited till now to put it off until August 15th this is very inconvenient 

I understand your point, though I know the latest change was posted on July 3rd, if not a day earlier.

Customer | Home airport DCA

mamacrat
Explorer C

Literally killing me.  8/2 and still not flights in February.  Is this them trying to wait it out for the grounded planes?

zertney11
Explorer C

Why did this change?  I have been waiting to book a flight and now I need to wait another month or more?

SWDigits
Aviator A

@zertney11 wrote:

Why did this change?  I have been waiting to book a flight and now I need to wait another month or more?

I think @dfwskier gave a pretty good guess, probably as much as we will know as customers.  That would be the short approach.

If you want to take a bit more time then I definitely suggest you take a look at some of the posts made by Bill, a retired Southwest employee, from when he was still working with the Network Planning team.  The link should take you a list of Bill's posts.  If you read through several of them you'll get a sense of what goes in to putting the Southwest flight schedule together, it's kind of fascinating, especially for someone like me.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

Customer | Home airport DCA

crazy4disney
Explorer C

Just a heads up -- the date has apparently changed. =/ 

"We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2020. On August 15, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Limocowboy63
Explorer C

I'm about to go somewhere else with my flights if they keep this up

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Limocowboy63 wrote:

I'm about to go somewhere else with my flights if they keep this up

I suspect the airline is hedging it's bets about when the MAXs will be back in service. They are about 5% of the airline's total fleet -- probably more given those that were supposed to be delivered after the grounding have not been delivered.

Better to hold off than list the planes in a schedule, and then pull them out of the schedule and have to rebook lots of passengers.