Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Feedback

cdodson24
Explorer C

I’m a loyal Southwest fan and have never had a complaint. In fact I always think of SW first when I think Customer Service. Yesterday was a different story and I feel you got one wrong. I was informed upon checking bags that there was a weather advisory in Denver where I had a layover on a flight from San Diego to final destination Jacksonville. The attendant informed me nothing was available to get me to a connector for Jacksonville. The only option was to chance it and go to Denver and pray my flight got out. That wasn’t an option as I had to fly to Houston the next day for business. The only other option was to fly to Orlando, rent a car and drive to Jax. I asked if the car would be covered and was met with “No”. This would’ve been cheaper than potentially putting me up in a hotel in Denver. Completely disappointing... This was followed up with no WiFi on the flight. Which was then followed up with baggage claim taking close to 90 minutes. As I mentioned I never complain and fly about 75% of my flight on SW each year. Again, truly disappointing that a rental car could not be provided after all that. Respectfully, Chris Dodson

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feedback

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cdodson24 wrote:

I’m a loyal Southwest fan and have never had a complaint. In fact I always think of SW first when I think Customer Service. Yesterday was a different story and I feel you got one wrong. I was informed upon checking bags that there was a weather advisory in Denver where I had a layover on a flight from San Diego to final destination Jacksonville. The attendant informed me nothing was available to get me to a connector for Jacksonville. The only option was to chance it and go to Denver and pray my flight got out. That wasn’t an option as I had to fly to Houston the next day for business. The only other option was to fly to Orlando, rent a car and drive to Jax. I asked if the car would be covered and was met with “No”. This would’ve been cheaper than potentially putting me up in a hotel in Denver. Completely disappointing... This was followed up with no WiFi on the flight. Which was then followed up with baggage claim taking close to 90 minutes. As I mentioned I never complain and fly about 75% of my flight on SW each year. Again, truly disappointing that a rental car could not be provided after all that. Respectfully, Chris Dodson

Hopefully there isn't a next time, but if you were in the position it is much easier for Southwest to offer a voucher than pay externally for a rental car. 

I don't think most airlines would be willing to pay when the disturbance is weather (not their control). 

I wasn't clear from your message - did you change flights, or stick with the original flight and it did go through?

Anyway...this is a customer-to-customer forum so we can offer advice and sympathize, but if you want to let Southwest know your thoughts directly you'll have to call or use the "contact us" form.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Surfside406
Explorer C

2nd flight on SW and its cancelled, sunny blue skies in Atlanta today.  no options - oh 24 hours from now. goodbye.  Not worth the extra price if they can't get me where I got to go. 

MicahP03
Explorer C

I’ll never fly with them again and they were the only airlines I would fly with but after tonight never again. They caused me to miss picking up my rental at Orlando due to the flight being delayed by 2 hours for no reason at all. It took them way too long to board the plane in Atlanta so we didn’t land until 11:50 when enterprise closes at midnight. They said oh sorry nothing we can do for you. You can Uber. I said cool are you going to bring my rental to me in the morning before we go to magic kingdom?  Yeah I didn’t think so. Worst customer service on the planet. Never again. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@MicahP03 wrote:

I’ll never fly with them again and they were the only airlines I would fly with but after tonight never again. They caused me to miss picking up my rental at Orlando due to the flight being delayed by 2 hours for no reason at all  

Sorry to hear abut your bad experience.

All airlines delay planes every single day of the week. Just because you don't know the reason does not mean does not mean there isn't a perfectly good reason for it.

Airlines don't delay planes "for  the fun of it."  Why? Passengers are inconvenienced and get angry. You are the perfect example

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@MicahP03 We're so sorry for letting you down. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations to learn why your flight was delayed.

Nicole
Community Manager