Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Final week to Convert travel funds to Rapid Rewards points

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you cancel a flight between March and September 7th of this year and your still unsure if you will travel by the September 7th 2022 expiration date? well those funds can be converted to Rapid Reward points that don’t expire and the points can be used to book a flight for anyone however the deadline to convert those qualifying funds is fast approaching the deadline to convert the funds to points is December 15th. Keep in mind some restrictions apply including only funds set to expire on September 7th 2022 are eligible. 

Be sure to act fast if you want to take advantage of this offer you have a week left. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Final week to Convert travel funds to Rapid Rewards points

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for the reminder @bec102896

I can't decide if I'm going to be able to use all my travel funds before the Sept 7, 2022 deadline or if it's just safer and easier to convert them to points.  Arrrghhh, decisions!

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Good reminder and advice, Blake.    However, I'm sure that in 3 weeks we will addressing posts from people frustrated that SWA won't consider refunds for those who have travel funds about to expire and they couldn't travel because of COVID.  

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

I can't decide if I'm going to be able to use all my travel funds before the Sept 7, 2022 deadline or if it's just safer and easier to convert them to points.  Arrrghhh, decisions!

--TheMiddleSeat

Well the middle seats are open again so I guess that means you can travel now right? 😜

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

You could go 50-50 or 70-30 or? instead

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

You could go 50-50 or 70-30 or? instead

Great tip!  I will look into that!

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

Probably good to convert the smaller values as they are harder to use.   Only three TF per booking. 

I converted all mine.   I have so many refunded tickets.   Plus I can use them for $49 flights for the kids, where the lack of taxes make it a better deal than paying cash.   Not to mention unlimited refunds. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

I converted all of my small-value travel funds! Thanks for the heads up!

--Jessica