Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Finding price paid for tickets

Techguy802
Explorer C

I never really thought about booking two one way flights! I will start doing so in the future. 

After more research my work email flags flags the receipt as spam, often, according to others in the office. I am going to change to my personal email and see if that helps. 

Thanks for the reply and safe travels!

enudel
Explorer C

Ahh this sounds so simple but it simply doesn't work in my case. I have a companion attached to my reservation and I cannot change my flight via the website. Instead I get the error message "Companion itinerary linked; We have found a Companion itinerary associated with this reservation. If you have already cancelled the companion itinerary and are still unable to rebook your reservation, we may be experiencing a delay. Please allow time for the cancellation to finish and try again. If you continue to encounter issues, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."

So I really cannot get the breakdown of how much each of my legs cost, unless I happened to note it when initially making the reservation. Also, any time one of the legs goes down I have to call (which nowadays seems to have a long wait time), in order to get $ or points refunded if one of the legs went down.

Anyone else see a way out of this? Thanks. - Eric

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Yes, I have to do this often.  Cancel the companion flight and once that is removed from your flight, then you can make the change.  Once you make the change, you will have to add your companion flight back on to your reservation. 

A little process, but it works without having to call in.