Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Finding price paid for tickets

Shabby60
Explorer C

I have the total paid for a round trip flight, but how do I find the price breakdown for the "to" flight, and the "return" flight?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Finding price paid for tickets

lph2
Explorer C

All you need to do is go to http://southwest.com and click the "Flight" link at the top of the page. Then on the left side of the box that pops up, go to "Manage Reservations." From there you should be able to enter your Confirmation Number and see the payment details.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately that doesn't show payment info, just the details of the itinerary. 😞

You can, however, use the "Request Receipt" link on that page, and the email you'll receive will include the payment details.

geoffkin
Explorer C

SW finally figured out how to stop us from rebooking if the price drops, you CANNOT find the each way price you paid ANYWHERE!  It is now impossible to know what you paid each way, unless you REMEMBER from back when you bought the trip..  LOVELY!

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

All you need to do is click change ticket. Then pick same flight and it will show you if you will receive credit or if you would have to pay more.

Good luck!

Shabby60
Explorer C

Thanks that will work.  Surprising that it still doesn't give the price of each flight, but as you said, it will tell you if you will get a credit or owe more money.  Appreciate the help.

jude
Explorer C

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, the original price I paid isn't showing up when I go to change the ticket.  I want to make sure that the new charges (regarding differrence in fares) are correct because they don't jibe with what I remember paying.  Thanks

cintoosh
Explorer C

The price you paid is in the confirmation e-mail that you received when you booked the flight.  I usually flag those until after the trip is completed.  Hope this helps!

Techguy802
Explorer C

This is a real pain. I don't always get an email and then I am sent searching for a way to get a receipt. This needs to be fixed!!!!

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@Techguy802 wrote:

This is a real pain. I don't always get an email and then I am sent searching for a way to get a receipt. This needs to be fixed!!!!

I always got the receipt. I learned from the past, it is much easier just book 2 one way since no advantage to book round trip and much easier for change, cancel one way.