Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendants Hold 4 rows for themselves

daryldiebold
Explorer C

I was on delayed flight from Las Vegas to St Louis #WN473. I usually sit all the way in the back. But they cutoff four last rows for their stuff they said. Huh? Didn’t I pay their salary partially.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Attendants Hold 4 rows for themselves

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning.

Well since I wasnt there I have no first hand knowledge of the situation.

IMO, if the crew had stuff that had to be in th plance, the most logical place to put it would have been the very back of the plane. Why? Because most people don't want to sit back there.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Four rows would be a lot of "stuff." I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that, ever.

bec102896
Aviator A

I personally have never seen a flight attendant hold rows for there stuff so not sure why they would have done that. 

I have seen times where they hold a row or 2 for passengers coming from a late flight to allow a family to sit together. I have also seen many times where they say you can't sit in certain rows because of weight distribution in the aircraft for flights that aren't full but I assume your flight was probably full coming from Vegas. 

if you would like to discuss with Southwest directly I would send them a message on Twitter or Facebook. you could also call customer relations at 855-234-4654 but wait times can be long at times 

Hope the next time you fly you get the seat you want! 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@daryldiebold wrote:

I was on delayed flight from Las Vegas to St Louis #WN473. I usually sit all the way in the back. But they cutoff four last rows for their stuff they said. Huh? Didn’t I pay their salary partially.

Was the flight pretty empty? I have seen a couple of similar posts where people like sitting in the back (I think we agree that this isn't the most common favorite spot among all travelers) and were blocked from it - if the flight was lightly populated I think the FA like to keep everyone in front of them. 

If no passengers in the last few rows, then the FA can sit there instead of the jump seats.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@daryldiebold wrote:

Was the flight pretty empty? I have seen a couple of similar posts where people like sitting in the back (I think we agree that this isn't the most common favorite spot among all travelers) and were blocked from it - if the flight was lightly populated I think the FA like to keep everyone in front of them. 

If no passengers in the last few rows, then the FA can sit there instead of the jump seats.

I hand't thought of that. If there weren't many people on board and the rear cargo hold had stuff in it,  It might have been a weight and balance issue, with the crew insuring proper weight balance for the aircraft.