Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Cancellation / Rebook

Yolanda21
Explorer C

Received cancelled flight on SW text last night, called immediately with a 3 hour wait time, ridiculous. All flights on website were unavailable, and of course I have no idea why they cancelled as the weather advisory was over before my scheduled 7AM flight. Frustrating to say the least, found a flight for Monday, connecting with layover 3PM arriving home by 11:30, grab it since only one available for Monday if not had to wait till Tuesday. Woke up and checked again and now they had a direct flight to NY so I changed it again, no one wants to travel 8 hours when you can be home in 3 right. Called customer service over 4 hours on hold to be told nope sorry you have 1 change at no fee, can't help you. Are you serious, you cancelled my flight, I am just trying to get home on a direct flight as I had originally booked. Sorry can't help, are you serious? Frustrating is not even the word. Any advance on how to get refund or points refunded?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Cancellation / Rebook

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Yolanda21 wrote:

Called customer service over 4 hours on hold to be told nope sorry you have 1 change at no fee, can't help you. Are you serious, you cancelled my flight, I am just trying to get home on a direct flight as I had originally booked. Sorry can't help, are you serious? Frustrating is not even the word. Any advance on how to get refund or points refunded?

Sorry, but that is the policy. The agents are just quoting policy -- they can't vary  from it.

You can't get a refund, but you can cancel and get the full value of your ticket as a travel fund good for future travel.

You can complain to the airline and maybe snag a voucher good for future travel. To do that, click on "contact us" below and proceed.

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try going to the airport and asking the agent at the airport to help since they can help override things day of departure or at least let you go standby since your original flight was canceled. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Yolanda21 wrote:

Sorry can't help, are you serious? Frustrating is not even the word. Any advance on how to get refund or points refunded?

if you booked with points go ahead and cancel, the points are fully refundable. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.