Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Changes by Southwest

ODETYMES
Explorer C

Well they did it again!  Changing flights and times, send travels south when going north, making additional stops, increasing times and waits, and then offering to change the flight when nothing better or equivalent is offered.  Come on guys, you're trying to load the plane at our expense, time, and inconvenience.  Not very fair or business like.  Yes, you are starting to behave like the other "big airlines" and that is a no no for Southwest (I thought).

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Changes by Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ODETYMES wrote:

Well they did it again!  Changing flights and times, send travels south when going north, making additional stops, increasing times and waits, and then offering to change the flight when nothing better or equivalent is offered.   

I understand your frustration. Lot of people are frustrated.

I do have a question though. If the airline offers " to change the flight and nothing better or equivalent is offered, " how can you expect the airline to offer  something better or equivalent?  

It can't make planes or crew appear out of thin air. 

edit add: Since people change plans all the time, keep checking to see whether or not something better opens up. It's worked for me more times than not.

Just because there is noting better now does not mean there won't be later today or tomorrow.

bec102896
Aviator A

Yes it looks like Southwest is revising its flight schedule in September when the airline changes your flight you can either change to a different flight at no additional cost (one time only) or if the new flight schedule won’t work for you then you can request a refund to the original form of payment. 

I would avoid calling right now as hold times are long so if you want the refund option you could reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter or send an email through the contact us page and they will respond as soon as they can. 

-Blake 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@ODETYMES wrote:

Well they did it again!  Changing flights and times, send travels south when going north, making additional stops, increasing times and waits, and then offering to change the flight when nothing better or equivalent is offered.  Come on guys, you're trying to load the plane at our expense, time, and inconvenience.  Not very fair or business like.  Yes, you are starting to behave like the other "big airlines" and that is a no no for Southwest (I thought).

Yep - this is nothing new. They've been changing flights around based on increasing/decreasing demand for well over a year now. Thank you, pandemic and MAX 8 shortages before that!

--Jessica