Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight change without notification and charges accrued

jopixley
Explorer C

Hello, on September 3rd, 2020 I was scheduled for flights 198 then 1279. I was notified upon checking in that my flights had been changed to 1532, 827, then 965. I received no prior notice about these changes. The result was an accrued overnight charge at the Doubletree Hotel of $115.03 because I missed my connecting flight on United Airlines from SFO to ACV. I would like to be reimbursed for this since I had no chance to rearrange my schedule due to Southwest's lack of notification. Please provide me next steps for this. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight change without notification and charges accrued

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You should have received an email notification of the change and it's always a good idea to proactively check your flight status the day of travel in case of a delay or changes like this.  Flight changes can occur at any time and the traveler needs to take some responsibility to stay informed.  You can contact Southwest Customer Relations and explain your situation, this is a customer to customer forum and won't be much help to you.  I would bet Southwest's stance is they got you to your destination so they did their job and really owe you nothing.  Perhaps you'll get a small voucher to use on your next trip.  Had you missed a connecting Southwest flight you might have something to complain about, but that's not what happened in this situation.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Oh, and this occurred 4 months ago???  Lol, good luck.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest e-mails you whenever there are changes to your upcoming flights. It's possible you missed it or it went to a junk or spam folder.

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@jopixley 

I'm sad to hear that this happened.  For me, something is not adding up!  When I book a flight, SWA asks for my email and a contact phone number.  When there is any type of deviation from my original flight I get both a text and an email.  Yes, and what has been mentioned, sometimes those emails have gone to spam, but I always get the text.    ALSO, since 99.9% of the people who book on SWA want the coveted early boarding number, you should have checked in 24 hours prior to your arrival at the airport.  You would have been tipped off at that time that "Something was rotten in the state of Denmark."  (College Literature did pay off)