Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight prices in My Trips - Reservation Details

jksobonya
Aviator A

If you are anything like me, after you book a flight you are constantly checking SWA to see if there are cheaper flight options so you can rebook and get credit. I rarely remember what I paid for my flight and I always dig up my reservation confirmation e-mail which has the price listed, and I compare that with SWA's current flights and prices, and rebook if I see a cheaper fare. It would be nice, in My Trips online where it lists your upcoming flights, if they listed the price you paid for the flight. Currently, it shows the estimated amount of points you will receive, and the type of fare (ex. "Wanna Get Away") but it doesn't show the flight cost. I think this information would be helpful to have displayed as part of your reservation information online. 

Yes, I know that when you go to "Change Flight" the web site will show you any reductions or increases in fare for the available flights based on what you originally paid, which is very handy, but it would still be nice to have your original (or modified) flight price information available as part of your reservation information on the site. 

--Jessica

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flight prices in My Trips - Reservation Details

SWDigits
Aviator A

I agree that it would be convenient though I don't know that Southwest would turn on the feature.  I am glad that we are able to take advantage of fare changes so a spreadsheet with the current set up is your friend :cathappy:

Customer | Home airport DCA

jksobonya
Aviator A

Agree! In my dreams they would display your entire flight price history for each flight, so you can see what you originally booked, what your current flight price is, and anything in between. If I rebooked a flight 5 times in 3 months, I want to see the history and brag about it! :catvery-happy: It would also be a convenient way to see your unused travel funds, as that is kind of 'hidden' as well except in your reservation change e-mail (and in 3 months you'll forget that you have $30 in unused funds lying around).

As of now, I keep track of flight price changes using Notes on my iPhone ... when I remember :catwink: 

--Jessica

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

This is a great suggestion, Jessica! As a peer-to-peer forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to submit your suggestion via the options in the steps below. Thanks! 

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

jksobonya
Aviator A

Thanks @NicoleAshley, I will be sure to do that!

Thanks,

Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

If you try to rebook on the app, all you have to do is click on your flight (or any other) and it'll show you the price difference.  So it's only one more click to know what you paid.  Easier than digging up a reservation IMHO.

jksobonya
Aviator A

^Yes, I mentioned that in my original post. While it's easy to see the cost differences when rebooking, if the flight options say -27 or +12 or +66,  it's not entirely obvious what the starting price point was when you go to rebook. It would be nice to have your original payment total listed either in your original reservation details online or as you are rebooking  so when you see +12 (etc.) you can say "Oh, my original airfare was $150 and with this flight change of +12 I am now paying $162" and so on. I like knowing the total amounts, not just the price differences :catwink: 

--Jessica

Blake_lovesSW
Explorer C

I agree, it would also help when managing my expense reports by going to one place, "my trips". I will also send this suggestion to customer service.