Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight schedules

Evgfoster
Explorer C

Hi, we were wondering why the nonstop flights from Boston to Indianapolis have been removed from the summer schedule? We often take this route as does our family from Indianapolis to Boston on the nonstops. Any information would be helpful.  Thank you

Evelyn

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight schedules

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately, I doubt you will get an answer here on this customer community site. 

But I’ve been there; favorite routes of mine have changed from time to time. All airlines adjust flight schedules based on demand, focus, finance, etc. You might notice this more with SW since there are so many direct options between city pairs that other airlines don’t service with direct fights. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Evgfoster
Explorer C

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this particular route is usually sold out long in advance so I’m not sure why Southwest has decided to discontinue it even for a short time,  it creates a very big inconvenience for a lot of people

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Evelyn. I’m sorry to know you’re disappointed with our summer flight schedule changes between Indianapolis and Boston. With many destinations coast to coast and more on the way, our Network Planning Department has a very big job to do. Dozens of factors come into play in determining if a flight may or may not be profitable, such as the number of discounted fares offered on a given flight, airport costs, and many other things that eventually determine if a flight may or may not be a profitable one.  For that reason, it’s hard to determine the success or failure of a route or a flight segment simply by looking at the number of Passengers onboard. I know that this does not solve the problem of getting you from point A to point B nonstop, but our hope is that when we service a route that fits your travel needs, you’ll continue to choose Southwest as your patronage means the world to us.

-Nashley

Nicole
Community Manager