Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fly between Milwaukee and Minneapolis

Rowcorp
Explorer C

Please tell SW to fly again direct MKE Minneapolis.  Flying to St. Louis or KC really is not fun or timely.. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Fly between Milwaukee and Minneapolis

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Yeah! I recently had this issue and took a Greyhound from MKE to MSP and then flew back to my final destination(MDw). It would be a very short flight but I could see Southwest getting some demand on this route

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bgubs14 wrote:

Yeah! I recently had this issue and took a Greyhound from MKE to MSP and then flew back to my final destination(MDw). It would be a very short flight but I could see Southwest getting some demand on this route

Check out the Hiawatha line Amtrak next time @bgubs14

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Yeah I used the Hiawatha to get to Milwaukee but needed to be in Minneapolis after Milwaukee and then Chicago 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you are traveling light and at the right time of day it may make sense to go MSP -> MDW and then take the Hiawatha Amtrak line from downtown Chicago to MKE (downtown or General Mitchell Airport).

Obviously not as good as a direct flight, but might be more comfortable than the bus.

You can take the Orange Line CTA from Midway to downtown to catch the Amtrak.

Not sure if that works out better than going all of the way to STL or MCI instead?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.