Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying into Long Island

phatpatric911
Explorer C

Hello Everyone. 

I am getting conflicting information from the internet. I need to fly from NC to Long Island NY and i have received both doses of the Covid vaccine. does anyone know if i still need to get the blood test showing negative results 3 days prior to flying??? TIA

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flying into Long Island

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Here is the guidance according to the NY Health website:

For any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state, US territory or CDC level 2 and higher country, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 10-day quarantine are below:

• For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
    • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
    • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
    • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

Unfortunately, there is no detail in this summary or the detail about whether the vaccine exempts you from this. My assumption is that there are no exceptions for the vaccine at this time.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Flying into Long Island

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@phatpatric911 wrote:

Hello Everyone. 

I am getting conflicting information from the internet. I need to fly from NC to Long Island NY and i have received both doses of the Covid vaccine. does anyone know if i still need to get the blood test showing negative results 3 days prior to flying??? TIA

I didn't see any vaccination exemption but there is a section on essential workers if that applies which points towards only a test after arriving, if you are staying multiple days.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.