Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying with Two Cats

Kaitlinr16
Explorer C

Hey! Does anyone have an travel carriers they would recommend? I have a flight in less than a month and I need to take my two cats with me (a three month old kitten- he’s about 3 lbs and my year old cat who is 12 lbs). Does anyone have good carriers to recommend? I’ve come up with nothing after looking for hours. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flying with Two Cats

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Kaitlinr16 wrote:

Hey! Does anyone have an travel carriers they would recommend? I have a flight in less than a month and I need to take my two cats with me (a three month old kitten- he’s about 3 lbs and my year old cat who is 12 lbs). Does anyone have good carriers to recommend? I’ve come up with nothing after looking for hours. Thanks! 

Hopefully someone with direct experience will be able to give you to some good options. I'll just point out that Southwest sells a branded pet carrier, that is approved for use on Southwest flights. It looks nice, but is a bit expensive:

Southwest Pet Carrier

Re: Flying with Two Cats

Texbabygirl
Adventurer B

The chonky is an issue. Under the seat is a small carrier. I would talk to your vet about the flight duration and how long your 12 pounder will be squeezed.