Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Food service on board

tj811
New Arrival

That's amazing. 

All I have ever seen is Pretzels and Peanuts.
And the size of the packet is becoming small every year Smiley LOL

bgnatt
New Arrival

It's funny you mentioned the Belvidas. I kept getting these for a while and I'm not too fond of them. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about Southwest's snacks, because they're typically better than other US airlines.

But I'm curious -- does Southwest offer Belvida crackers and other items in partnership with the manufacturer or as a promotion? Sometimes you're able to pick from a variety of snacks (the Ritz cheese cracker are my favorites) and sometimes you get junky Wheat Thins or Belvidas. 

Mrucker210
New Arrival

I agree! I've always thought peanuts and pretzels for an early morning snack was odd. 

Ladyscorpio
New Arrival

I fly them often and has always been giving drinks and snacks 

ddart
New Arrival

Always a good idea to have some sort of snack and beverage with you when traveling on any airline.  I have found on SW that all you need to do is ask - when an attendant has the oppotunity they will bring what you requested.  Just be patient and polite, it goes a long way.

Ramonab4u2
New Arrival

They offer wheat thins, peanuts and soda for free.  Cocktails are $5.

celticred13
New Arrival

On the short flights I've only ever seen an option for peanuts or pretzels and a non alcoholic beverage, even at breakfast time.

I agree with the other post, 6-7am is an odd time to be offered peanuts.

I do remember that another airline used to do a breakfast cookie, it wasn't much but it was a nice change.

ephifany
New Arrival

They have  wide assortment of snacks.  They bring around a stocked large cardboard display with all kinds of snack items and you can pick anything you want out of it.  It's really nice.

Laurarain
New Arrival

We fly SW exclusively.  To help us stay healthy while traveling as much as we do, we bring protein bars, nuts, fruit or other snacks that keep us from having fast food in the airports.  Due to TSA regulations we fill our water bottles past security.  As an A List customer, we periodically receive free drink coupons that we will use on late night flights.

Don10e
New Arrival

OK, this may be the secret tip of the year.

TSA allows you to bring beverages like soda and water through security...if it's frozen.

i don't know why, but it's true.  I freeze 3/4 of a plastic bottle of soda.  I take it out of my bag and put it with my change and phone for security. As long as it's frozen they pick it up and confirm it's frozen and put it through.  No need to sneak.

I freeze diet Mountain Dew.  Then I order on the plane or buy at the Paradis shop a Sprite Zero.  I pour some into the MD and voila, ice cold soda.  Lasts most of the day.

just remember me in your will.  😄