Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Food service on board

lisahatz12
Explorer C

I always take something to eat.  The last time I flew they declared a "no peanut" flight because of someone's allergies.  Unfortunately the only thing I had with me was a peanut butter sandwich. Ugh. They offered a bag of Fritos which I don't like so I was pretty hungry by the time I got to my destination.  From now on I will also take something nut-free!

bdoyle
Explorer C

yes - peanuts and drink.  sometimes something else.  peanuts at 7 am is an odd offer.  it is time for SW to make an adjustment

mberrybarlow
Explorer C

I received Belvita breakfast cookies Tuesday on my  8 am flight from California to Las Vegas!

tj811
Explorer C

That's amazing. 

All I have ever seen is Pretzels and Peanuts.
And the size of the packet is becoming small every year Smiley LOL

bgnatt
Explorer C

It's funny you mentioned the Belvidas. I kept getting these for a while and I'm not too fond of them. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about Southwest's snacks, because they're typically better than other US airlines.

But I'm curious -- does Southwest offer Belvida crackers and other items in partnership with the manufacturer or as a promotion? Sometimes you're able to pick from a variety of snacks (the Ritz cheese cracker are my favorites) and sometimes you get junky Wheat Thins or Belvidas. 

Mrucker210
Explorer C

I agree! I've always thought peanuts and pretzels for an early morning snack was odd. 

Ladyscorpio
Explorer C

I fly them often and has always been giving drinks and snacks 

ddart
Explorer B

Always a good idea to have some sort of snack and beverage with you when traveling on any airline.  I have found on SW that all you need to do is ask - when an attendant has the oppotunity they will bring what you requested.  Just be patient and polite, it goes a long way.

Ramonab4u2
Explorer C

They offer wheat thins, peanuts and soda for free.  Cocktails are $5.

celticred13
Explorer C

On the short flights I've only ever seen an option for peanuts or pretzels and a non alcoholic beverage, even at breakfast time.

I agree with the other post, 6-7am is an odd time to be offered peanuts.

I do remember that another airline used to do a breakfast cookie, it wasn't much but it was a nice change.