Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Food service on board

jtbtakesoff333
Explorer C

I haven't flown on Southwest in years.  I frequently use Spirit (due to my location and the location of my extended family) and they don't supply anything.  I used Delta at Christmas and was given

a mini can of soda and some cookies.  Does Southwest provide anything or do I need to bring my own snacks?  Thanks.  

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Food service on board

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

They do have free peanuts, crackers, and or some type of breakfast bar, free coffee and soft drinks,

jtbtakesoff333
Explorer C

Thanks~ I am used to Spirit, where you bring all of your own food, empty bottles to fill up

withk water after security.  

AshleyMerz
Explorer C

You should just do that anyways instead of using disposable cups on board! 

Mavis
Explorer C

The snacks are dependent on the length of your flight, however peanuts and/or pretzels are always available. Beverages are served on every flight that does not encounter too much turbulence. 

BillTX
Explorer C

My favorite was "plane crackers."  They were crackers shaped like a plane.  I hope they bring them back.

flygirlAL
Explorer C

I've never seen a snack shaped like planes on a flight. That is way too cool Woman Very Happy

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

All flights get beverage service. Short flights get peanuts and/or pretzels. Longer flights get a choice of larger snacks.

Service is sometimes not given in cases of lengthy turbulence. I generally make sure I have something (granola bar or snack mix) in my carryon, just in case.

FHelfrich
Explorer A

Got Oreos on a couple of recent flights!  Winning!!!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

You like the Oreos? Noted! 

I think we can all agree that snacks make a flight better. Good thing we hand 'em out for free. 😉