Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

For a airline that claims it has heart I was treated heartless yesterday

Susanadels
Explorer B

60 year old with many health issues trying to return home yesterday from a trip  started before pandemic had started.I had flown out on American which requires multiple papers for emotion service dog. I had Americans paperwork which is quite extensive from both medical dr and vet . To make long story short curbside check in was only option. He asked to see dog pPerwork and accepted it never said anything was a problem. Went to board flight and told paperwork which they asked to see was not on dr letterhead so on Sunday as flight was boarding I was asked to get it correctedNo understanding or kindness shown was willing to pay for dog and buy carrier but dog did not fit comfortably with it closed as well as he obviously was sensing tension my daughter and I were both crying.it was a nightmare supervisors so rude and unhelpful. Had to run to other airline to catch flight even though luggage on board southwest. Now they won’t even deliver luggage to me . Had to go through screening again for other airline and risked even more exposure to illness because of this nightmare. Had tried to call Saturday to verify everything but 4 hour phone holds with no option for them to call back. No kindness shown under this pandemic crisis and now I’m left to worry about all the extra exposure  this nightmare 

exposed me to. I’m under stay home orders from my state. Can’t even reach customer relations on hold for an hour now with them about luggage delivery. This surely is

not a business stepping up to help people during this crisis. All info required for emotional dog to fly was there but they choose to not accommodate even though paperwork would have met Faa requirement. Dr letterhead was southwest’s own requirement.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: For a airline that claims it has heart I was treated heartless yesterday

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

I don't work for Southwest, most of us here in the forums are customers too.  There is a lot that went on, that doesn't sound like fun.

Am I reading this correctly that the most immediate concern (ESA policy aside), is that you need to somehow get your luggage home from your home airport?  I don't know but the Twitter team may be able to help, as they reportedly have the fastest response times.  Are you or your daughter able to get in touch with them?  Their Twitter handle is in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Susanadels
Explorer B

Thanks been in touch with customer relations. Won’t send to me because I didn’t fly them Well yes because they denied boarding at gate. Luggage was already on flight and had to rush to another terminal to catch other airlines flight which was leaving in an hour. Checked in at curb which was only option Paperwork for dog shown at checkin. Was not told it would not be accepted

Susanadels
Explorer B

Thanks for trying to help. After 2 hours with young girl who kept on putting me on hold but would not let me talk to supervisor as this young woman other than telling me a hundred times she was sorry didn’t seem to know how or be able to do anything. Told me to call central baggage and didn’t even know to tell me they were closed and call would go to customer support who could do nothing for me.Feel like I’m just wasting more time and aggravation Reaching out to some news organizations that I have contacts indirectly with maybe they will be willing to do story on companies not stepping up to help during this pandemic emergency.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You abandoned your bag and you think Southwest should get it back to you? Wow. Your bag is your responsibility. I hope you can get it back, but you need to go get it, wherever it is now.

--TheMiddleSeat

saltmanone
Explorer B

Feel very sorry for your problem with SW. I have a on going problem with them also. It seems to me if I understand your position correctly that it would be the responsibilty of SW to return your bag. The Middle Seat seems to disagree which is nor unusual for a rising star

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lol, she left without waiting to get her bag, how is that not her fault? She was unable to board, so she should have then waited to get her bag before departing the airport. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Susanadels
Explorer B

Sounds like your a real genius. Bags were on the plane flight we needed to switch to was in different terminal leaving in an hour and we landed at different airport than luggage went to . So maybe you can think before you post your nonsense

Susanadels
Explorer B

seems like middle seat thinks he knows more than he does. Bags were on plane and alternate flight from other airline was in different terminal in an hour . Could not wait for bags to be taken off. Also landed in different airport than bags went to.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Susanadels wrote:

seems like middle seat thinks he knows more than he does. Bags were on plane and alternate flight from other airline was in different terminal in an hour . Could not wait for bags to be taken off. Also landed in different airport than bags went to.

Because YOU CHOSE to get on another flight and left your bag behind. You chose to abandon your bag. 

--TheMiddleSeat