Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Forced off the plane

swa-suck-it
Explorer A

I wasn't permitted on the plane because I complained that they had cancelled the flight I was supposed to have taken.  My luggage remained on the plane.  People were incredibly unhelpful and rude.  I had not traveled with SW for years and now I remember why.  I won't make that mistake again.  

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@swa-suck-it wrote:

I wasn't permitted on the plane because I complained that they had cancelled the flight I was supposed to have taken.  My luggage remained on the plane.  People were incredibly unhelpful and rude.  I had not traveled with SW for years and now I remember why.  I won't make that mistake again.  

@swa-suck-it, I'm sorry to know we let you down. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations to escalate your concerns and document your experience. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

swa-suck-it
Explorer A

Thank you!

I will contact them.

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@dfwskier wrote:

I presume you are unaware of the fact that there is a federal law that requires everyone

age 2 and higher to wear   masks.

Do you expect SW t violate federal law?

Cite the statute. On-the-spur mandates aren't law. In fact, by forcing the original poster and his/her two-year-old child to wear a face mask, Southwest is violating the Air Carrier Access Act.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

lol, "Thanks Southwest"?

You even say "according to new federal law two weeks ago, ages TWO and up must wear a mask" so why are you mad at Southwest?

Thank you Southwest for enforcing federal mandates and keeping passengers safe.

--TheMiddleSeat

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

lol, "Thanks Southwest"?

You even say "according to new federal law two weeks ago, ages TWO and up must wear a mask" so why are you mad at Southwest?

Thank you Southwest for enforcing federal mandates and keeping passengers safe.

--TheMiddleSeat

Mandates are not law. Airlines are required to follow the Air Carrier Access Act. Forcing a two year old child to wear a face mask violates an ACTUAL law. Southwest and the flight attendants who bullied this man and his wife about the mask issue can be held accountable as they have broken the law.

swa-suck-it
Explorer A

For covid transmission, it’s much more risky to fill every seat and not leave space between any passengers than it is to have one 2-year old taking off face mask.  They don’t seem to care about real risks if it means less money for them.  A 2-year old can barely generate respiratory droplets into the air.  Why aren’t they respecting social distancing on their flights?

swa-suck-it
Explorer A

Southwest is NOT keeping passengers safe.  They’re completely ignoring the importance of social distancing.  If they cared about passenger safety, they would leave middle seats open.  Making an example of a family with a 2 year old is ridiculous.  
Do you have any idea of how covid is spread?  

jksobonya
Aviator A

You must have missed the story about the family with a 2 year old that got kicked off a flight months ago (not Southwest) for this very thing.

I agree it’s ridiculous, though. 2 year olds should not be forced to wear a mask in my view, but the airlines hands are tied. They have to follow the rules until they are relaxed, which should hopefully be soon.

—Jessica

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

@jksobonya wrote:

You must have missed the story about the family with a 2 year old that got kicked off a flight months ago (not Southwest) for this very thing.

I agree it’s ridiculous, though. 2 year olds should not be forced to wear a mask in my view, but the airlines hands are tied. They have to follow the rules until they are relaxed, which should hopefully be soon.

—Jessica

It's not an actual "rule." though. An executive order is NOT law and never has been. "Just doing my job" didn't work for the SS soldiers during World War II, and it certainly won't work for the flight attendants once this "COVID" hysteria dies down.

Because forcing a 2 year old to wear a face mask isn't just illegal (violates the Air Carrier Access Act), but it's also a form of child abuse and the flight attendant who made this man and his wife deplane can be held accountable.