Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Found iPad

cflynn64
Explorer C

***Update*** When I connected it to my computer, the owner's name popped up. I found her on Facebook and sent her a message. To be continued.....

I found an iPad on a plane last night (11/26/2018). I would like to return it to it's owner and from past experience, I know that things don't typically get returned when turned in to the airlines. If someone can identify the flight they left it on and possibly seat they left it in, I would be happy to get it back to them.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Found iPad

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for acting responsibly and trying to find the owner.

You do realize the owner is much more likely to file a lost item report with the airline than look here to see if someone found it?

Thus I think your best course of action is to get it to the airline with information like city it was found in, seat or row number, flight number, date, etc.

Actually the airline does a pretty good job of reuniting lost items with their owners, but as you acerained it's not perfect at that task. Dealing with thousands of lost items is an imperfect science at best.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I wanted to add that we see many postings on this community where people are amazed that the lost and found crew doesn't seem to find their articles - the first place for people to check will be Southwest's lost and found page, I'd also encourage you to reach out to them.

Depending on the vintage of iPad and security the owner has setup, you may be able to find out their contact information as well - plug it in and see if an alert comes up that you can activate. The owner may be using "Find My Iphone" but can't make a connection if they lost the device in airplane mode.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cflynn64
Explorer C

Can you give me a link for Southwest's Lost and Found page? All I see is where I can file a report for a lost item, not identify a found item.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cflynn64 wrote:

Can you give me a link for Southwest's Lost and Found page? All I see is where I can file a report for a lost item, not identify a found item.

@If you use Twitter it might be worthwhile to send @SouthwestAir a message that you found an item on flight number and date, etc. and do they have a method of checking the database of lost items for a match. Wait for them to request a direct message before you put any identifying information. 

I know you meant well by trying to use this forum - hopefully the person does look here and see your message and it can be solved in that way. 

@LindseyDdo you have any other suggestion or contact that could help on this one.

cflynn64
Explorer C

I just updated my post. Found the owner's name when I connected it to my computer, found her on Facebook and sent her a message. To be continued....

Thanks for your help!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cflynn64 wrote:

I just updated my post. Found the owner's name when I connected it to my computer, found her on Facebook and sent her a message. To be continued....

Thanks for your help!

That was probably the best case if you could get some identifying information from the device itself.

If the current inquirty doesn't pan out, here are the contact numbers should you need to call Southwest:

Customer Service - After Your Trip

For questions or comments regarding a past trip with us, call the numbers below.

• General Customer Service 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
  • Customer Relations 1-855-234-4654
  • Rapid Rewards Customer Service 1-800-445-5764
  • Baggage - General Questions 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
  • Articles Left at TSA Checkpoint 1-866-289-9673 or tsa.gov
  • Public Relations & Media Relations 214-792-4847 (toll number)

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

If you turn it in to the airport, we'll be able to file a lost and found form and attempt to find the owner. Hope this works out and that you're able to reunite the iPad with its owner!