Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gift Card not delivered as promised

dzwolfrom
Explorer C

If you order a SW Airlines gift card online and choose to get an actual physical card, do not expect it to be delivered on time.  I purchased a card as a gift for a friend and it was supposed to be delivered FedEx next day.  I ordered on Friday 7/26 expecting to get it on Monday 7/29 (knowing there are not Saturday deliveries).  I received an e-mail from SW Airlines saying it will be delivered on 7/30.  I will not get it in time for the retirement party where I was going to give it as a gift.  I called SW Airlines and was transferred 4 times, then hung up on.  Very bad customer service regarding gift cards.  They make it impossible for you to get to the right person to ask a question.  I still don't know who to talk to.  I give up.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Gift Card not delivered as promised

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

I would never buy a gift card with a mail  delivery option when I can go to most food stores, Home Depots, etc to buy one in person.

Re: Gift Card not delivered as promised

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

I would never buy a gift card with a mail  delivery option when I can go to most food stores, Home Depots, etc to buy one in person.

+1

Southwest gift cards can be purchased in so many stores. Best part is you can often buy them at a discount at Sam's Club or earn points for fuel discounts at grocery stores. 

Also, expecting any merchant to ship products the day you purchased them is still not realistic outside of Amazon and a few other sellers that specifically state products will ship same day. Overnight shipping does not mean it will arrive the very next day.

--TheMiddleSeat