Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Golf clubs weight, not size

mgeiger
Explorer C

I have been online looking for "final answer" as to whether golf clubs under 50 lbs can be included as one of my 2 free pieces of luggage.  This discussion forum said weight matters, but not size.  Want to make sure when I get to Dallas Love Field, I'm not stuck paying $60 each way, each person for clubs.  And what does "limited release" on soft-sided carriers mean?  Thx!  Melissa

1 REPLY 1

Re: Golf clubs weight, not size

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Hi there! First of all, pls edit your post to remove your co formation number as this is a public forum. 

Here is the verbiage from SW’s site: 

• Golf bag in hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by Passenger, including clubs, balls, and shoes. Hooded golf bags or golf bags in a soft-sided carrying case provided by the Passenger will be subject to limited release.
    Note: Overweight charges will apply to golf bags exceeding 50 pounds.

Furthermore, regarding size: “If the item of sporting equipment exceeds 50 pounds in weight or 62 inches in size (outside length plus height plus width), excess weight and size charges may apply.”

So as long as your measurement of the size of your carry case fits the 62 inch rule, you would be fine. Otherwise, you would need to be prepared to pay. 

Happy flying and golfing!

-A List, Companion Pass holder