Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Great Service!

OutdoorsJM
Explorer C

Yeah! Good Customer Service is Not Totally Dead!

My wife and I left around 3:30am this morning beginning the 2-hr drive to the Nashville Airport, planning to enjoy a quick holiday weekend trip for just the two of us to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone NPs.  We had a Southwest flight to Denver, CO, however, about 30 minutes from the airport my wife started feeling sick, and by the time we arrived at the airport it was obvious that she was in no shape to be flying and driving for much of the day! So, we decided it was best to come back home so she could rest, and on the way back I began the long tasks of trying to cancel several reservations to see what, if anything, we could salvage in the way of refunds. I was skeptical we would have any luck at the last minute, but I’ve got to say I am very, very impressed with the service we received!

Southwest Airlines it turns out will give you a travel voucher, and return any used mileage points, up to 10 minutes before your plane leaves – with NO service fees! The voucher is good for the entire amount you originally spent, and can be used for up to one year to any destination served by Southwest!

Of course we were very disappointed not to make the trip we had planned for a while, but I can’t say enough about the good service and understanding we received! This in a time when there is so much poor customer service in today’s world! Thanks to the understanding of the kind folks at each of these places, we can now afford to plan for another trip, perhaps in the Spring?!? By the way, my wife is also now feeling much better after getting some much needed rest!