Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Group Travel number not being answered

Davedoo
Explorer C

I am currently on hold after dialing the Group Travel number (800-433-5368).  The length of the hold is currently 4 hours, 10 minutes and counting up.  I have a final payment to make on a Group Travel reservation today but they are not answering and there are no online payment options.  The contract explains if the payment is not made by 5pm Dallas time today the contract cancels.  That had better not be the case if they won't answer the phone.

I realize Southwest customer service and the group travel people are very busy given the events of the last few days/weeks but I wanted to document my problem here.  I am wasting a lot of time trying to get through to someone.  I even started a new call on another phone and that wasn't answered either.  I am probably going to call SW customer relations next and I know they may just refer me back to the Group Travel people but at least I might get some attention.

Every few minutes the music on hold is interrupted with this announcement "All of our other representatives are assisting other callers at this time.  Please remain on the line for the next available representative.  CSS special announcement recorded on demand" interspersed with "Thanks for calling Southwest Airlines.  We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.  Someone will be with you as soon as possible."   Apparently, they don't have the ability to notify you of the LONG wait and offer to reserve your spot in line and call you back.

And the minutes keep ticking.  Hopefully I will be able to get their music on hold out of my head.  I have nothing bad to say about Southwest Airlines and expect this will get resolved properly and I will extend forgiveness for this incident.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Group Travel number not being answered

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Pretty sure the group travel folks only work during normal business hours, thus the 5pm deadline. You can try calling the normal reservation number, but I doubt they can help. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Davedoo
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply.  I started waiting on hold before 5pm in Dallas.  It is now 9:00pm in Dallas.  Why would they let me wait on hold if the call is not going to be answered?  They would really let that happen to a customer/caller?

My contract does include the below information so I think they are "open" beyond 5pm in Dallas.

Group Travel Services: 1-800-433-5368 | Monday - Friday, 5:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. local Dallas, Texas time

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Back a couple years a go I had a similar situation the agent who finally answered told me I had till midnight they just tell us 5pm to make sure we handle it on time. 

did you ever get though? 

another option try the make new group reservation option maybe that will pick up faster and at a minimum they could document the reservation saying your trying to pay 

Davedoo
Explorer C

Thanks for the comments.  After waiting 4 hours, 45 minutes someone did pickup.  I told her that I was waiting for THAT long and also that I realized it was not her fault but just felt I needed to say it.  We didn't dwell on the issue.  I was just happy somebody answered.  Felt like I won the lottery really LOL.  My payment was accepted and yes, as you say, they do list the payment deadline at 5pm in Dallas but really allow it as late as midnight.  Now, I just happened to be able to have my phone on speaker nearby for the 4:45 tonight.  If I hadn't been able to I sure how they would have worked it out even if I paid tomorrow.  I assume they are aware of the problem and give plenty of grace if people can't get through.  For me, all is well.

jblindsey
Explorer C

I waited for over 7 hours on Tuesday to make a final payment. Dreading having to call again tomorrow, as it sounds like the wait is not improving. So frustrating to not have an online payment option.