Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RUINED MY VACATION

andrey326
Explorer C

I have been on over 1,000 flights in my life on over 50 airlines in 63 countries, ticket price ranging from $15 to $15,000. I can without a shadow of a doubt confirm that Southwest's leadership is taking advantage of customer trust that was built over the decades and practices the most anti-consumer policies I've seen. Granted my home airport is ECP which is rather small, and everyone may not have the same experience, but judging by comments on this forum I'm not alone. Yet, so many people are willing to put up with all those issues just to say they are loyal to Southwest - the same people who are about to tear me apart I'm sure!

By far the highest ticket prices on multi-leg flights (unless you happen to use of of the very few direct flights we have). You can buy the same ticket on American or United, pay for your bag and still save $200+ dollars

The no assigned seat policy is absolute savagery. I was physically pushed out of the way when my group was announced, during a connection in  BWI in May.

If you book Wanna get away, will never get refund, period, end of story, under any circumstances, pandemic or no pandemic.

The most delayed and canceled flights out of the 4 airlines at ECP.

Customer service extremely condescending, I spoke to them in person, over the phone, email and even regular mail. Had to go to 4 different gate attendants to get my question answered. Regular mail communication was actually decent and professional, though fruitless.

Flight attendants are too busy making jokes and do not have time to help customers.

These are just some of the issues I experienced.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@andrey326 wrote:

So if SW is $200/ticket more expensive than the  competition, and it's policies are so anti-consumer, why do you fly the airline?

andrey326
Explorer C

@dfwskier 

Had to travel on a short notice and all others were sold out 

keasbey
Adventurer C

Because the conglomerate of airlines canceled the majority of domestics flights in general over the last year. 

What is with you southwest sycophants?  "Why even get on the plane if you don't like it" uhhh cause I have to. 

Imagine if my boss bought me a leg to meet a client , and I said "no, sorry. I can't fly southwest". Instead I just have to spend the rest of the day apologizing to my client for southwests mistake 🤣

keasbey
Adventurer C

Oh no they totally want you sold that you STILL had a good customer experience. Lol southwest has treated people like trash since day one 

Their motto : "Hope nothing goes wrong, because we have no way to fix it ! Thanks for your money!" 

get1rink
Explorer C

The pandemic and computer outages have nothing to do with the state of southwest vacations (I hope the new ceo looks into it).  I have phone records on my cell phone showing 20+ calls all answered within 60 seconds, totaling 9 hours of talk time, over the course of 5 weeks now with SWV to book a simple Ski trip inside the US.  No one knew how to book a trip with passengers from two locations, no one could tell me what balance i owed for my second payment, many didnt know how to take payments even though i hit the make a payment option, and then then changed my direct, 3 hour commute flights in March, to 6+ hour commutes for all passengers.  Then, when i tried to recap this whole nightmare to customerservice@southwestvacations.com (the email i was given by the escalation desk) it came back "...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@get1rink Hopefully you realize you jumped onto an old thread that is completely unrelated to your complaint.  Southwest Vacations is not a part of Southwest Airlines, they are actually owned and operated by Apple Vacations.  This is mentioned frequently here in the Community and it's also mentioned that their customer service is not very good.  Personally, I would not do business with them, I would book my flights with Southwest Airlines and take care of everything else separately.  You may have valid complaints, but they have nothing to do with Southwest Airlines and its CEO.

--TheMiddleSeat

Tagreen
Explorer C

This situation says it was solved. If you read the solution it wasn’t solved at all