Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hawaii Safe Travels Program

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Flying from KAUS-KLAX on one confirmation then KLAX-KHNL on another 2 hrs later ( Y'all don't fly KAUS-KHNL directly) In order to get the Safe Travels Hawaii wristband or is it now a QR code (not the Hawaii Clear) to exit KHNL more quickly can I get that at the gate in KLAX? (Big pain to go thought TSA again at KLAX as it's usually nuts) Or do I have to exit security at KLAX and go to the ticket counter? HUGE reason I ask is my daughter is flying a different route with similar circumstances and only a 55 minute connection in a different city. I've reached out to SWA in FB and Twitter already also.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hawaii Safe Travels Program

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like you are interested in the Pre-Clear program, not Safe Travels.  Based on the information here: https://www.southwest.com/coronavirus/hawaii/ the wristband is obtained at the departure gate.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Hawaii Safe Travels Program

N82EZ
Adventurer B

I have yet to hear from SWA but I believe you are correct as I gleaned this from the link:

• You will receive a QR code via email from travel@hawaii.gov
  • Confirm all details within your Safe Travels profile is updated and accurate (i.e., full name, flight number, etc.) for your final departure to Hawaii
  • Present that QR code and your identification to a friendly Southwest Agent at your final departure gate or other centralized location
  • Once your State-of-Hawaii approved Safe Travels account has been verified by a Southwest representative, you will receive a Southwest-branded Pre-Clear wristband allowing you to bypass airport screening upon arrival in Hawaii.

I'll see when I have 24hrs before flight to KHNL and check in with State of Hawaii. Thanks Middle Seat! So confusing; and may change on a dime what is required...

rentlyRe: Hawaii Safe Travels Program

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Apparently there is a safe travels desk at LAX in the concourse where to get a wristband; I believe today it was gate 7.  We went to our gate (18a) 15 mins before boarding as we were eating and missed any announcements to go to that gate for a wristband. Being too late we will present out vax cards and QR codes to move on. Lesson learned I wish it was publicized in the reservation process perhaps a bit better by posting here hopefully it will help others.  I will surely look for it next month as I plan to come back.