Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Help!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Seversos1 wrote:

Finally got through to customer service. They can’t get us to New Orleans on Saturday for the wedding. Now we have a cancelled flight to New Orleans, plus flights from New Orleans to home, which is Ft Myers, on Sunday, which customer service can’t do anything about. We at least need to get back home to Ft Myers!

Now I am on hold with Customer Relations in Dallas! This is just not acceptable! 

Agree that ths is not acceptable. This should be an all hands on deck situation.

Heck, the CEO, Gary Kelly, should be answering twitter or e-mail requests.

I'm a long time customer and am not impacted by what is going on, and I am disappointed.

dfwskier
Aviator A

At the moment it looks very hard to get to New Orleans from Seattle for your Saturday wedding.

But there are roundabout ways. At the monent you could catch a Delta flight tmorrow morning at  6:20 am thru Dulles and into Houston  at 7:12 pm. Right now there are three seats left at $376/seat.

It's not a good connection, but it IS a connection. There are other options, but they cost a LOT more.

Then you could either drive to MSY or try to catch a flight. There are flights available Saturday morning for $265.

I'd personally book a one way rent car.

Then you could e-mail Southwest to tell it to Cancel the SEA/MSY leg and Keep the MSY/home leg.

Something like that may be the best you can do

Seversos1
Explorer B

Thank you for getting back. I’d like to think I’m very resourceful, but after being on hold for two hours last night, and working on it for over 4 hours this morning, and looking at all of the different flight schedules, I elected to cancel our vacation to New Orleans, cancel our reservation at the Ritz, and just got a flight home to Ft Myers from Seattle on Monday morning. The lack of reciprocity really hurts, as SW is unwilling to book us on another airline, or reimburse us for the expenses. Perfect storm of spring break in Seattle, St Patty’s weekend, and grounding of planes. But as a loyal SW flyer, they just came down a few notches in my book.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Seversos1 wrote:

Thank you for getting back. I’d like to think I’m very resourceful, but after being on hold for two hours last night, and working on it for over 4 hours this morning, and looking at all of the different flight schedules, I elected to cancel our vacation to New Orleans, cancel our reservation at the Ritz, and just got a flight home to Ft Myers from Seattle on Monday morning. The lack of reciprocity really hurts, as SW is unwilling to book us on another airline, or reimburse us for the expenses. Perfect storm of spring break in Seattle, St Patty’s weekend, and grounding of planes. But as a loyal SW flyer, they just came down a few notches in my book.

I've been a Southwest customer for 41 years, and I agree this has been disapponting.

I've said in other places that this should have been an all hands on deck exercise for Southwest.

It's serious enough that If I had been the CEO, I would have been working e-mails or the twitter feed. Was he? I dunno.

Anyway, sorry that your plans were ruined. Hopefully you'll have a safe uneventful trip home.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Seversos1 wrote:

Also, the “Chat” feature is not available, as there are no representatives to chat with. It directs you to call, which I’ve been trying to do for the last 13 hours!

I just got through on the chat option I clicked general travel policies if it gives you an error after being in line try again I had to do it 3 times before I got though 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@thisisadisaster wrote:

I am one of the many who has been on hold for 3+ hours tonight (after also being hung up on after 2 hours on hold). I've had two flights cancelled for tomorrow (Thursday, March 14th) and there are no options available to get to my destination before next week. I have an event on Saturday that I must be at, so I've resigned to the fact that I'll be driving 14 hours to get there. But because I haven't been able to speak to anyone on the phone, or via twitter, I'd love to know -- will my return flight be cancelled bc I currently haven't been rebooked on an outbound flight? I really cannot do this road trip if I'm going to be stuck there with no return flight. Help!!!! 

If I'm understanding you are canceled for today and driving, but your original ticket was round trip - the return leg won't be canceled automatically, but you'll have to resolve the outbound leg prior to flying - what date is the outbound?

When the phone line dies down a little you'll be able to refund the outbound and keep the return, but I'm not sure that you have the functionality online with the self-service re-accomodation on the website.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.