Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hire more in call center to reduce2hr wait on hold

Dashgupta
Adventurer A

Greetings Fellow Loyal Sw Fliers

SW should reinvest some of the$ from the airfares of those who can’t fly due to virus. There is confusion on how to convert credit fares to reward points and a live person is better than guessing or going to computer site especially for Elderly 

I don’t understand why Customers who pId but canceled must suffer wait on hold so long?

In my Country the call centers employee excellent people who answer phone w Good Attitude and promptly. I think in America DW could find same time of Customer Service People. The $ SW spends on Customer Service will come back to SW as Elders will tell children to Fly SW .

Yes Please try shorten long wait on phone for Agent.

Thank you

Dash Gupta

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Hire more in call center to reduce2hr wait on hold

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Maybe the call-in number is different than the customer service number I've always called to make changes in my flights or have a question.  I recently had a question about a rental car company at an airport in Oklahoma and what time they closed.  Both times I made a call tot he 1-800 SW number I got somebody within minutes.  Mostly call early morning to mid-day.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

But I think in general since I've heard several topics and concerns on customer service and waiting I'm sure this is happening and would agree that SW might move aggressively to hiring more call center employees.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect that the airline would rather push customers to use twitter, facebook, the   cell  app chat function, or e-mail rather than add tons of new people.

Why?  This too shall pass. Cancellations have dropped significantly recently, and thus I do suspect that fewer people are calling.

SW has already moved lots of non customer service people into the call centers to handle the increased call volume.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

That's part of an issue that is frustrating to me.  You can call me what you want, but my cell phone is over 12 years old and I just don't have any desire to move into the new smartphone, iPhone, or whatever.  I have no apps on my phone, I don't even use the internet on it at all.  I use it as a device for immediate communication by calling somebody or having somebody call me.  So S.W. needs to respect that using FB, or whatever else to a part of the population isn't applicable and should accommodate us.  Yes, I still have a landline phone!  

dfwskier
Aviator A

The premise of the title of this thread is IMO incorrect.

Twice in the last 3 weeks I've called the airline to change reservations. In both cases my wait time was less than 3 minutes. I called because I wanted to see what type of wait times I'd encounter.

Maybe I was lucky -- twice.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I understand @MeddleSeat's complaint, or should I say @Dashgupta, his new fake persona, but in these tough economic times Southwest is actually forced to reduce customer service staff instead of hiring more. These may not be the same people that are answering the phone number you are calling, but it is an example of the cutbacks that are required now. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2020/05/14/southwest-airlines-cuts-customer-relations-c...

@SWFlyer007 If you are able to post here you are able to contact Southwest via various social media services, through the social media company's website, no apps required.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@ themiddleseat    touche' (I'm hoping that's how you spell it) 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Really just trying to help you out because the contact though social media is generally very good and super quick. I'd hate for you to think you can't utilize it.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

In retrospect, once you see some of the sensible answers and comments you can change your perspective in what you first felt, hence the purpose of this community.  I've only heard about this forum digging around on the SW home website and thought I would give it a try.  I've had vents I wanted to express in the past and didn't know this was available.