Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hold for the holidays

Whobar
Explorer C

So I have been on with the customer service number for almost all day, which started long before they put a notice not to call. 7 plus hours, which, if not a great wireless headset, would have even more painful. I should be several states away spending time with family getting ready for a wedding. Instead, I am trying to figure out refunds and credits for over 6k in a trip cost. Merry Christmas 

Screenshot_20221225_175559_Call.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hold for the holidays

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you're just looking for refunds hang up and send a message. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. Be sure to include confirmation numbers, passenger names, and specify the refund method. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Whobar
Explorer C

No one has a Heart for service like the People of  Southwest Airlines. No one."

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No reason to wait on the phone for a refund.

--TheMiddleSeat

Whobar
Explorer C

I was still trying to get to a wedding not just get a refund but since SW has messed up again and canceled flights that they only seemed to be impacted be weather that was not an issue yesterday morning. 

I know this because I checked the arrivals and departure boards at the airports we were going through and SW was the highest in impact. Seems they don't have the pilots to support their fights. Would be nice if they were honest about it.

bearpants
Explorer C
me too, 6 hours yesterday before i had to hang up. today i called at 3 am and still on hold 8 hours now. All because they rebooked a cancelled flight for us that we need to cancel and can't do it online for some reason, it says we have to call. we booked a new flight  costing us $300 more because of this. but its within the same 24 hours and my fear is the automated system will cancel the one we need because they are to close together. i have tried contacting in other ways, still waiting.