Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Holiday Travel Fares

kleblanc
Explorer C

Fares are tripled for week before and after Thanksgiving! I think this is very poor policy!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Holiday Travel Fares

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Why would you think this is a poor policy?  SWA is in the business to make money.  I want them to make money so they can succeed.

We live in a capitalistic society where the pricing of services is determined by supply and demand.  There is always a demand for flights around the holidays.

bec102896
Aviator A

It's very common for prices to go up during the holiday season. With Southwest blocking middle seats through November this will also cause prices to increase because flights will fill up to the max capacity faster. 

The best thing to do is keep checking the low fare calendar in case a cheaper price becomes available as prices change all the time. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Looks like we're back to pre-pandemic holiday fares.  There were some great deals out there for holiday travel about a month ago.  Early bird gets the worm.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see some last minute holiday deals once people decide they are just going to stay home and aren't actually going to travel, but that's just a guess.

--TheMiddleSeat