Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How can I find a breakdown of what I paid in pts for a flight, per leg, I can only see the total.

ouerica
Explorer B

I am trying to find out what it would cost me to change a flight but I can not find a total paid per leg, I can only find a total for the roundtrip. I paid in points. I can't play with it online because it makes me cancel my companion pass flight first. Any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How can I find a breakdown of what I paid in pts for a flight, per leg, I can only see the tota

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Assuming you booked all the legs as part of a single reservation can't see the price paid for a single leg on a receipt.  You would, as you note, need to run through the process of changing the flight see what affect the proposed changes have versus the current fare.  For example, if the current fare is 10,000 points and when you try to change that leg it says the change will cost you 3,000 points then you know you paid 7,000 points for it.  I think that's what you are trying to accomplish?

Since the companion can be rebooked for free regardless of the price, what's the harm in cancelling the companion, making your changes or at least answering your questions, then rebooking the companion?  Only if a flight is sold out would this be an issue.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: How can I find a breakdown of what I paid in pts for a flight, per leg, I can only see the tota

ouerica
Explorer B

This is probably my best bet but I am a newbie and cancelling my reservation makes me nervous. What if I can't get it back, unlikely but not impossible right?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's fair to be nervous. As I said, only if a flight is sold out would this be an issue.  See if you are able to book the desired route as a new reservation, if you can then the flights are available and you can add a companion.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

And just to clarify, don't cancel your personal reservation, cancel the companion's reservation, then do what you originally inquired about. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ouerica wrote:

This is probably my best bet but I am a newbie and cancelling my reservation makes me nervous. What if I can't get it back, unlikely but not impossible right?

Can you go through the motions of a fresh booking without canceling? Only cancel if the test run yields the results you are looking for.

It doesn't really matter what you paid before anyway since the price now is the current price.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

You could always reach out to reservations 800-435-9792 and they might have a way to see what each flight cost in points or you could try messaging Southwest on Facebook or Twitter. 

-Blake