Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How can I finish watching a movie I paid for on Southwest wifi?

SunnyHester
Explorer C

Hi,  I paid for a movie on southwest wifi and would love to finish watching it.  Is that possible?  Or am I just out of luck - and money?  Thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How can I finish watching a movie I paid for on Southwest wifi?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you had a connecting flight I believe you could pick up where you left off, but I don't know of any way to finish a partially completed movie on Southwest's platform after you have left Southwest's facilities.

Maybe someone will surprise us with a way that this can be done?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@SunnyHester

At this time I don't  believe there is a way to finish watching a movie from home because you would have to be connected to the Southwest wifi and using the airtime player 

if you have a connecting flight you can continue watching when you are on that flight. 

I always tell people be sure to select a movie that you will be able to finish like if you have a 1 hour 30min flight don't choose a 2 hour movie unless your ok with missing the last 30min of the movie 

Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

What movie was it? Perhaps we can collectively summarize the ending for you. 

--TheMiddleSeat

SunnyHester
Explorer C

Good to know for next time Blake.  Thanks for your help.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@SunnyHester

At this time I don't  believe there is a way to finish watching a movie from home because you would have to be connected to the Southwest wifi and using the airtime player 

if you have a connecting flight you can continue watching when you are on that flight. 

I always tell people be sure to select a movie that you will be able to finish like if you have a 1 hour 30min flight don't choose a 2 hour movie unless your ok with missing the last 30min of the movie 

Blake 

I don't think you can pick up the wifi from all of the way down the jetway, so no finishing up in the gate area.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@bec102896 wrote:

@SunnyHester

Blake 

I don't think you can pick up the wifi from all of the way down the jetway, so no finishing up in the gate area.

Yeah I tried to connect to Southwest wifi once while sitting at the gate in Austin and it didn't show up since I was too far away 

that would be cool if they had a southwest hotspot in the gate area so we can finish a movie or even a show while waiting on the next flight or for those who may be waiting on someone from another flight. Or use the Internet  for those who bought it. My guess is that the airports won't allow it though as it is competition to Boingo or some airports that charge for wifi. 

Blake 

johnwhitcraft
Explorer C

I remember when you could see a movie scene you missed by moving to the cabin behind you.

0o0

For this problem, I recommend sitting on the aircraft until the steward kicks you off. They will say something like: "Are you staying on the aircraft for the next leg of the flight?" Sadly, you must pick up your device, disembark and hang out in the jetway until they shoo you out to the waiting area, where the scene freezes. <sniff>

johnwhitcraft
Explorer C

Developers at Southwest Airlines: Wouldn't it be great if Southwest Airlines developed a method for continuing to watch; such as creating a cookie? This might allow continued watching in a southwest airlines gate or lounge.