Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: How do I save OTHER traveller profiles in my SW web account?

arr1989
Explorer C

This is a MUCH needed feature and disappointing Southwest does not have it.  Hope it becomes someone's priority soon.

Youngmi
Explorer C

agree - this is unbelievably bad.  My Daugter in law travels regularly to visit us from Oakland to Salt Lake - she has a SW account and so earns miles - but she also books our grandson (5 YO) but we cannot assign a SW account to him and allow us to earn points / miles - he is booked as an adult and pays adult fare as he occupies a seat himself, but we purchase two tickest and get zero benefit from the seocnd ticket.  This sucks - on United when my wife and I travel on my account - I earn miles for both tickets

Mike

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Youngmi The 5 year old can have their own Rapid Rewards account and earn points for the trips they complete, you just have to put the number in manually when making the reservation if you are not logged into their account when making the reservation. The issue brought up here is there's no way to save other passengers' information to eliminate the manual entry of information. Just like on United, only the person named on the ticket can earn miles/points for their own flying. You may earn miles for purchasing someone else's ticket via a credit card, but flying miles are only awarded to the actual flyer.

--TheMiddleSeat

5280Mama
Explorer C

SWA puhlease prioritize this!  I just had to book two one-way tickets for five people with RR and TSA numbers.  Annoying at best...

AmberRuns
Explorer C

Almost two years later and I HATE that I have to enter the same passengers I always book! Expedia saves everything! I hate triple checking to see if I've entered the info right everytime! And I always book 4 people. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback, @AmberRuns. This is a common frustration, and fortunately, it's being addressed in future updates. Stay tuned!

Nicole
Community Manager

alek
Explorer A

As the original poster of this thread, glad to see someone from Southwest chime ... so thank you Nicole and glad to hear that this will be "addressed in a future update"

FYI that I saw someone marked the problem as "Solved" ... but since it is not yet, I believe did the correct things to "unsolve" it.

Looking forward to actually having it solved ... as I'm sure many other Southwest travelers are too!   😉

Canobeach
Explorer C

It's been about 6 months since the last post so figured it was worth another post to see if SW has any updates on this?  I book for my whole family so add me to the list of loyal SW flyers that think this is needed ASAP.  -Thanks

bec102896
Aviator A

@Canobeach wrote:

It's been about 6 months since the last post so figured it was worth another post to see if SW has any updates on this?  I book for my whole family so add me to the list of loyal SW flyers that think this is needed ASAP.  -Thanks

If you have an iPhone this might help: How can my iPhone help store info for frequently booked travelers? 

Unfortunately they still don't have a way to save frequently booked passengers info on your profile. The best thing to do is keep contacting Southwest and hopefully someday this feature will be added. 

-Blake 

junco577
Explorer C

Thank you for the suggested work-around, though unfortunately many of us either don't use iPhones or book flights from multiple different devices. 

Having frequently booked travelers saved to your account profile is a fairly basic and glaring omission. If it can be setup for companion passes which are a minority of flyers, why not the general booking customer base? I know it's been over a year since this thread received a post that this issue was supposedly going to be included in an update soon, but please do include this in a near term development sprint for the site.