How do I use my residual travel funds

jenn1774
Explorer C

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do I use my residual travel funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

When you are completing the booking of the new flight, on the checkout screen you'll see the button "Apply Travel Funds". Click that then enter the confirmation number and passenger name from the cancelled flight. The passenger name must match the name of the traveler on the new flight (including middle name) and the new flight must complete within one year of the purchase date of the original cancelled flight.

I hope that helps, post again if you have more questions. 

jenn1774
Explorer C

This is great!!

Thanks

mardan69
Explorer C

Dear Sir/Madam:

Confirmation number: T6K9AY,  Travel funds: $402.98. booked a ticket to Seattle and a return ticket to Dallas on June 4, 2017 and only cancelled a ticket for Dallas to Seattle on June 27, 2017.

May I book a ticket to Los Angeles on June 11 with my travel funds?

Thanks,

Daniel Wang

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mardan69

Your travel funds expire June 4, 2018 and any travel you want to purchase with the funds needs to be purchased AND completed before June 4, 2018. A June 11 flight would not work. 

If the funds expire you may be able to get them extended. You'll need to call Southwest after June 4 and request a reinstatement of the funds. This is done on a case by case basis and typically requires a $100 reduction in the amount of available funds.

--TheMiddleSeat

kerrigjl
Explorer A

Probably not, but check the expiration date on https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html just to be sure.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mardan69 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Confirmation number: T6K9AY,  Travel funds: $402.98. booked a ticket to Seattle and a return ticket to Dallas on June 4, 2017 and only cancelled a ticket for Dallas to Seattle on June 27, 2017.

May I book a ticket to Los Angeles on June 11 with my travel funds?

Thanks,

Daniel Wang

I don't believe so, it would be June 4th for the expiration if I'm understanding that was the date that you bought the original ticket. As noted below, you can use the link to check the dates if you are unsure.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

@mardan69

For your protection please edit your post to remove your confirmation number 

as others have said your new travel must be booked and flown by the expiration date which is one year from the original booking date of the canceled ticket. 

Thanks

Blake