Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How long does it take to get a refund if you cancel within 24 hours of booking?

KristiRothmann
Explorer C

I booked a flight last night for a trip to Las Vegas. I had a $200 LUV voucher that I wanted to use towards the trip, but I accidentally booked the flight before adding the voucher on, meaning my bank account was charged the full fare for the flight. I quickly cancelled when I realized my error and chose to have my debit card refunded. Since it was at least 7 days prior to my trip and I cancelled within 24 hours of booking, Southwest says I'll have the full amount credited back to my debit card. My question is: how long does this normally take? I had planned to use that $400+ dollars for other travel expenses. How long do you think I'll have to wait before it goes back into my bank account?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How long does it take to get a refund if you cancel within 24 hours of booking?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Don't know for sure, but credits go back to credit cards in a day or two. I would imagine that debit cards are pretty much the same.

Re: How long does it take to get a refund if you cancel within 24 hours of booking?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

In my experience most times it has taken 3-5 days for refunds to hit my debit card.

Hope this helps

Blake