Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How southwest selects 3rd parties to deliver luggage

Michelle451
Explorer C

Yesterday I flew from St Louis to San Antonio, unfortunately my luggage didn't arrive when I did.  I've flown other airlines, and my luggage has been late, and they delivered the luggage to me.  But, that's not what happened yesterday.  They called me at 7:30pm, said they found my luggage, and I was ecstatic.  They said they could deliver it between 9pm and 1 am.  It never showed up.  We stayed up all night and called the airline when it didn't show up.  They gave us an obviously fake number for a delivery company.  We called, it was not a real number, and then called southwest back.  At this point, they told us they really couldn't help us, they used a third party and were unaware of where my luggage was, and it was no longer their responsibility.   Has anyone had a similar experience?  What's the best thing for me to do next?  Should I always volunteer to pick up my lost luggage ?

1 REPLY 1

Re: How southwest selects 3rd parties to deliver luggage

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Michelle451,

We do not give out fake numbers for our bag courriers, and I'm sorry that this has been a disappointing experience for you. Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 so one of our Representatives can work with you individually.