Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to email Southwest with a general complaint?

sdfair
Explorer B

I noticed a problem with Southwest's policies that, under the wrong circumstances, could create a real problem for a disabled family member. I wanted to bring it to the airline's attention so they could fix it. I called customer service and was told they couldn't help me and no supervisors were available. The representative told me to email Southwest.

The problem is, there's no complaint email on the website, that I can see. The only thing labeled "email" is a form you can fill out and submit via the website's internal messaging system. The glitch is that it requires you to fill in flight information, or it refuses to accept the message. Is there an email address I'm missing? Does Southwest accept complaints any other way besides email?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: How to email Southwest with a general complaint?

dfwskier
Aviator A

To e-mail SW, click on "contact us" (below) and then select e-mail from the choices llsted on the top left   of the ens uing page.  

sdfair
Explorer B

That would normally work, except that as I mentioned, the form requires me to enter flight details, or it refuses to accept the submission. There aren't any flight details to enter.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

In your case I'd recommend sending a snail-mail letter. Whenever the issue is a bit more complicated and you don't require an immediate reply this is your best avenue. 

Southwest Airlines
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235

(Southwest doesn't publish customer service email addresses. And, as you point out, the "email" web form can be problematic, for multiple reasons. For me, the biggest roadblock is that responses are sent from a "do not reply" address, prohibiting the possibility of interaction without starting the process again from scratch.)

Good luck!

sdfair
Explorer B

Thanks @chgoflyer

It sounds like there is nothing faster than snail mail, which is too bad. I really would like a quicker reply. Also, I might need to send more information.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. If you'd like a quick reply, I'd suggest contacting Customer Relations via Twitter. Reach out with general info via tweet, then send details in private messages. The reps that staff Twitter are very responsive. 

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@sdfair there is also a chat function from within the Southwest phone app.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Shellbell_76377
Explorer B

Does this go to customer relations or somewhere else? I need to go above customer relations with a problem but can't seem to find the contact info. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Shellbell_76377 wrote:

Does this go to customer relations or somewhere else? I need to go above customer relations with a problem but can't seem to find the contact info. 

Nothing here goes to customer relations. This is a customer to customer forum

Southwest's CEO is someone above customer relations:

Gary Kelly

CEO

Southwest Airlines
P.O. Box 36647 
Dallas, Texas 75235

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

There is also a general mail address found by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages.  Click the link then look for the section that lists "Write Us"

Customer | Home airport DCA