Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hurricane Florence Travel Advisory

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Note that Southwest has posted a travel advisory for Hurrican Florence.  This advisory is for several cities that could be impacted and allows you to change your travel plans accordingly if you are planning to travel over the next several days. 

Given the impact this storm may have, I encourage you to consider your travel plans now and postpone or change those accordingly.  It would be terrible to get stuck somewhere because there are weather-related flight disruptions.

Read all about the advisory here, and safe travels! 

-A List, Companion Pass holder
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hurricane Florence Travel Advisory

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Note that cancellations have already started in SC ahead of the storm.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

See the latest media release from Southwest regarging the storm here.

john123
Explorer C

Why did they start canceling flight out of Charleston on midday Tuesday? All the other airlines flew until late Wednesday because they  were concerned about getting thier passangers out of harm way, even if it ment flying emtpy planes in . I know, I know, it was for everyones safety!!! That argument can not hold up because there was absolutely no danger from hurricane Florence at that point. It just wasn't profitable to fly in Charleston with emtpy planes..

cmhealy
Explorer C

Agreed! I was devastated my flight back to CHS was cancelled that Tuesday. I was stranded in Maine for the rest of the week and CHS parking services REFUSED to reprieve parking fees during the three days the airport was completely shut down because Southwest Airlines cancelled the flight before the airport did. Smiley Sad  I've been out of work for over a week because of this storm and really could not afford the $110 parking bill. Smiley Sad