Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I’m being punished for a Southwest MAJOR screw up

Michelle11553
Explorer C

If anyone can make sense of this please help me figure it out. Last week I inquired about the pricing of a flight change. I declined, my flight was changed anyway and I didn’t know until I received an email that I missed my flight. I called in and was told that it was a new rep and she did it in error but my grandkids were still on the flight and not to worry customer relations will rectify the situation. We did play phone tag(CR & I) but I received an email that all is well. I go online to check in tonight and guess what!!!! Only ONE of my 3 grandkids is on the flight and the rest of us have no ticket! I spoke with a service coordinator named “Michael” who was really trying to help me but thanks again to T-Mobile, we were disconnected. Since then have had the displeasure of dealing with “Nancy” whose attitude is “oh well too bad deal with it on Monday. I called back again, was told that I’ll be transferred to “Rich” but nope... got Nancy again. How can I get someone competent to fix this problem? Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I’m being punished for a Southwest MAJOR screw up

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having 

unfortunately customer relations is now closed until Monday and since you are checking in that means your flight is tomorrow which won't help in this case. 

your next best bet is to call reservations again and hope Nancy gets off of work or if you have Facebook or Twitter send Southwest a DM there and maybe they could help you there. 

If you call and get Michael or another supervisor who can help maybe provide a call back number so if the call drops they could try to call you back (if they are able to) 

I hope it gets fixed before your flight 

if for some reason they can't fix it I would reach out to customer relations on Monday so they can investigate. 

hope this helps 

Blake 

NP78
Explorer C

Sorry to hear about your situation and “Nancy’s” nonchalant attitude.  I’ve found in my experiences that most Southwest attendants are rude.  This morning a southwest attendant at New Orleans Airport yelled at me and continued to yell at me as I attempted to board my flight.  This was following a very aggressive conversation about luggage(his aggression towards me) while at the gate.  When he was done yelling I told him to have a good day and that I couldn’t understand why people in this area felt so entitled.  This man stopped the boarding line and followed me yelling about making personal comments 😳.....I asked him to stop following me and yelling but he continued.  I really felt in fear of my safety.  I thought he was going to attack me...he was so enraged.  I had to tell him three times he was being aggressive and hostile before he walked away.   To add salt to the wound...another attendant followed him and watched him the entire situation.  She didn’t intervene or even try to deesculte the situation.  I really think he was trying to provoke me so I wouldn’t be allowed to board.  When I boarded the flight I attempted to ask a stewardess about how to make a complaint and explained the situation.  She didn’t apologize ....her affect was flat...and before I could finish she blew me off and told me to make a complaint online....so now I can’t find the link online....I really thought that southwest attendant was going to assault me.  As soon as I land I’m going to speak with someone at my destination.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@NP78 
 She didn’t apologize ....her affect was flat...and before I could finish she blew me off and told me to make a complaint online....so now I can’t find the link online....I really thought that southwest attendant was going to assault me.  As soon as I land I’m going to speak with someone at my destination.  

There were a few responses to your other post requesting information on how to file a written complaint.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Boarding/Formal-complaint/m-p/84572#M2434